- 28-Jan-2013 to 09-Feb-2013 (EST)
- Mississauga, ON, CAN
- Full Time
ASP Incorporated requires an Airport Supervisor for its Aviation sector. This is a unionized operation under the Canada Labour Code. To provide effective supervision, support and back-up to all assigned patrol areas. To maintain and ensure adherence to company policies and procedures. Sets a professional example to all Security Guards and Supervisors. To provide other services as necessary.
Duties: Upon arrival at work you will; 1. Check brief book for instructions. 2. Receive briefing from Scheduling and Office Administrator. 3. Commence equipment check for all required items. 4. Prepare check in log & post timing sheets for shift. 5. Contact the Operations Manager/Coordinator to report in and receive any instructions for the shift. 6. Check the schedule to ensure all posts are covered. If not commence scheduling functions as necessary to fill the vacancy. 7. Commence circle check of company vehicles prior to operating. 8. Receive check ins for shift changeover after scheduling hours. During your shift you will; 1. Complete Inspections of posts 2. Take check ins as required. 3. Complete spot checks and reports in accordance with contractual obligations. 4. Respond as required to client locations Upon Completion of your shift you will; 1. Ensure vehicle is clean, if applicable. 2. Ensure vehicle is full of fuel. 3. Complete vehicle log. 4. Complete Inspecting Guards Report for submission. 5. Fill out brief book and initial all assigned tasks as complete. 6. Ensure site check in log & post-timing sheets are complete. 7. Brief Operations Manager/Coordinator verbally and/or electronically. 8. Check all equipment.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant with residence in Canada of at least 5 years.
- Must be 25 years of age or older.
- Must be Bondable.
- Must have a full 'G' Ontario Drivers license with no restrictions.
- Must have a clean Driver's Abstract.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Minimum of 2 years employment with A.S.P. incorporated and/or one of the following requirements; a) Previous Security Supervisory experience. b) Sufficient prior industry related experience (i.e. Police, Military, Security). c) Formal law enforcement training or Diploma.
- Must be willing and able to participate in the Company Basic Security training program that involves 2 or more unpaid classroom training days as a pre requisite for employment.
- Must have completed Customer service Training
- Must have 5 years Supervisory experience or equivalent
- Must be trained in First Aid & CPR and updated every two years.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions, indoors and outdoors.
- May be required to work in dusty or dirty environments.
- Physically capable of performing all duties as set out in the General Orders.
- May at times be required to assist in heavy physical duties.
- May at times be required to lift and/or carry objects of up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Must be able to climb stairs, walk long distances, run short distances and stand for long periods of time.
- Must have the ability to discriminate among standard colours.
- Must have the ability to hear conversation of ordinary loudness at 15 feet with each ear.
- Must have binocular vision correctable to 20/30.
- Must be able to deal with difficult persons on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work all shifts, including nights and rotations.
- Must be able to work overtime.
- Must be capable and able to work alone without Supervision.