- 14-Feb-2013 to 10-Mar-2013 (EST)
- Markham, ON, CAN
- $12.00 per hour
- Full Time
- Growth and innovation
- Cultural Diversity
- An honest open door philosophy
- Full benefits
- Family events
- Placement in sound and professional environments
Duties: Duties for this position include:
- Frequent patrols of a municipal facility to ensure access control provisions are being adhered to
- Demonstrates a high degree of customer service through the course of all duties.
- Maintains an up to date notebook in accordancewith General Orders.
- Provide guidance & information for visitors to the Security desk.
- Prepares Special Occurrence Reports for any incident that directly involves Security and/or safety.
- Maintains effective control for all issued equipment.
- Enforces all rules, policies and procedures in a fair and impartial manner.
- Maintains the primary function of providing the protection of client property and the prevention of crime on those properties.
- Performs a reasonable amount of overtime as required.
- Performs on call duties as required pertaining to emergencies that involve the Civic Centre.
- Attend meetings with client Management representatives as required.
- Must have a strong familiarity with computer systems including Windows based software.
- Must be able to operate computer surveillance systems including CCure.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be Bondable.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must possess one of the following qualifications: a)Previous Security experience. b)Sufficient prior industry related experience (i.e. Police, Military, Security). c)Formal law enforcement training or Diploma.
- Must be willing and able to participate in the Company Basic Security training program that involves 2 or more unpaid classroom training days as a pre requisite for employment.
- Must be trained in First Aid & CPR and updated every two years.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions, indoors and outdoors.
- May be required to work in dusty or dirty environments.
- Physically capable of performing all duties as set out in the General Orders.
- May at times be required to assist in heavy physical duties.
- May at times be required to lift and/or carry objects of up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Must be able to climb stairs, walk long distances, run short distances and stand for long periods of time.
- Must have the ability to discriminate among standard colours.
- Must have the ability to hear conversation of ordinary loudness at 15 feet with each ear.
- Must have binocular vision correctable to 20/30.
- Must be able to deal with difficult persons on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work all shifts, including nights and rotations.
- Must be able to work overtime.
- Must be capable and able to work alone without Supervision.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
ASP Inc https://securityasp.applicantpro.com